2018-2019 School Year.
We look forward to another positive school year.
2017-2018 School Year.
Congratulations to all our enquiring and creative scientists on achieving the Discover Primary Science Award again this year for excellence in STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
Recipient of The special Reconciliation prize in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Department of Education and Skills' Good Friday Agreement 20th Anniversary Schools Creative Competition
We are delighted to be one of 150 schools selected for Creative Schools' pilot this September.
This year saw the beginning of our 'Fresh Air Club' based on Forest School Principles. Great things to come!!!!
We are now officially a HEALTH PROMOTING SCHOOL having received our flag and certificate in June. We continue to promote positive mental, physical, spiritual, emotional and social health across our school community.
We are delighted to be working and consulting with the NCCA (National Council for Curriculum and Assessment) contributing to meaningful and sustainable change for many other schools across Ireland.
Here are the links to sharing our
and ourMorning Ritual.
Proud to be one of Ireland's 15 Changemaker schools empowering through
LEADERSHIP & TEAM WORK.
Our environment and community are very important to us and we
are very grateful for our natural surroundings.
Take a look at our 'Garden Paradise' below.
2017-2018 School Year
Currently we have 44 wonderful students enrolled in our school.
What does 'Changemaker' mean to you ? Dec 2016
Almost too many to mention
- September 2017 - Our recent Erasmus Plus project 'Invaders, how they shaped the Europe of Today', the project we got involved in through Etwinning has been awarded the National Quality Label by Leargas. Thank you to Ms. Mulry for coordinating this 3-year project.
- June 2017 - Health Promoting School Flag. Thanks to ALL in our school community for the ongoing great work devoted to promoting positive mental, physical, spiritual, social and emotional health and wellbeing for ALL in our school. Thanks to Ms. Devine for leading the Health Promoting School Initiative.
- Our Principal Siobhan Keenan Fitzgerald was recipient of Irish Primary Principals Network Leadership Award in January 2017.
- Best Play with Inclusive Cast for 'Aimsir Chaite, Aimsir Láithreach, Aimsir Úasfásach' - an Irish Play written by our students for Scoil Dramaíocht Competition. Awarded February 2016
- Green Flag for Energy Conservation (Eglish's 2nd Green Flag) Presented in the Radisson Hotel, Galway on May 18th.
- Creative School Award. Presented by Síle Seoighe presented in the Arc Theatre in Dublin on May 31st.
- Discover Primary Science Award (2015-2016) for excellence in STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- Selected and named a 'Changemaker School' following a team interview in St. Patrick's Teacher Training College Drumcondra on May 27th. Currently there are 12 'Changemaker' schools in Ireland.
Each child, regardless of ability, shall be enabled to achieve his / her fullest potential, at his / her own rate. The school shall provide a safe, friendly and hospitable atmosphere in which pupils will be encouraged to develop all of their talents and become confident, capable adults, well-prepared to meet the challenge of a rapidly changing society. Due regard shall be given to social as well as academic development. We hope to promote awareness of our cultural heritage and to contribute to the life of the community.
Our school is a Roman Catholic School, established in connection with the Minister for Education. Our aim is to promote the full and harmonious development of all aspects of the person of the pupil: Intellectual, Physical, Cultural, Moral and Spiritual, including a living relationship with God and with other people.
The school models and promotes a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God and in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Our Catholic School provides Religious Education for the pupils in accordance with the doctrines, practices and tradition of the Roman Catholic Church and promotes the formation in the pupils of the Catholic Faith.
A note from the Principal, Siobhan Fitzgerald (M.Ed.)
Welcome to Eglish NS. It is an honour to be Principal of such a wonderful, progressive school with a very rich history and culture. In Eglish we believe that each student is special, unique and profoundly creative. All we have to do is, through careful, informed guidance, encourage, enable and empower them to achieve their limitless, creative potential. This is achieved in Eglish, hand-in-hand with developing our students' Literacy and Numeracy skills as per the Primary School Curriculum.
World renowned educationalist Sir Ken Robinson claimed that "Schools Kill Creativity". Here in Eglish we are committed to conscientiously providing an environment and atmosphere in which all of our students' talents and creative capabilities are nurtured and developed.
Our highly qualified, experienced and motivated staff are dedicated to educating happy, healthy and well-rounded individuals. Everything we do in Eglish is based on 3 simple rules: We work together, do our best and respect each other.
A note from our students:
Eglish N.S is a small rural school with a big vision situated between Ballinasloe and Ahacragh . Our school is an ultra modern forward thinking centre of learning despite being 116 years old !
- E ducating
- G reatness through
- L ots of learning and
- I magination in
- S chool and at
- H ome