Planning a School Trip
Pre-visit to establish basic costing.
Book into site and book relevant transport.
Letter to parents - this must by checked by the head teacher before being sent out, including details of times, lunch and clothing.
Ensure permission slips for all children.
Office must have a list of all children and all adults on the outing, and which bus they are travelling on.
Office must have destination and journey route.
Office must have the name and telephone number of travel company.
Office must have copy of emergency contact lists.
Office must have access to parental home contacts for all involved, including adults.
Office must have approximate itinerary i.e.: times leaving school
Arriving back at school
Office should have emergency mobile contact number, if any.
Class lists, showing any absences, and showing which bus each class and adult will be on.
Every adult must have:
1. List of children in own group.
2. List of all other children in the class s/he is helping.
3. List of which bus each class is on, and the names of the teachers in
4. Contact telephone numbers.
Every teacher must have:
1. Copy of ‘emergency action’ guidelines.
2. First Aid Packs.
3. 2 ‘Sick’ boxes for each bus.
5. Packed Lunches.
6. 1 box of tissues for each bus.
7. 2 plastic bags for each bus.